Saturday, July 30, 2016

Tone It Down Quilt

My Amazing Quilting Friend friend got several of my other quilting friends together and we made the "Tone It Down" Quilt, you can find more information about this quilt here.  It was a quilt along with American Patchwork & Quilting. I don't know why I didn't get pictures of all of our quilts, they all looked so different, even though we were using the same pattern!

I've been thinking that little by little I'm going to make queen sized quilts for each of my children, and someday I will give them each a quilt. As I began to choose the fabric for my quilt, my husband very gently told me that all my quilts look "girly" and my sons might not be as thrilled as I hoped :(



So I changed up what I was planning, and in my opinion this is a very manly looking quilt! Blue background, brown sashing...  But I have to say I don't love it as much as I would have liked a more girly one!


I do like it though. I laid it out over the quilt on my bed to take this picture. I still plan to put a border around it, and I'm doing red and black polka dots because I like them! I have that fabric in the red Xs, and it is one of my all time favorite fabrics, I am sure to learn to love this quilt once that happens!

But, the border is going to have to wait. For two years. Argh. I'm in the middle of packing up and next week we are off to Jerusalem for a two year stint. My hubby is going to be an administrator at the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies.

You may wonder what I am going to do -- I was wondering that too, until I gave him my terms :)  I am getting a new sewing machine when we get there, and I sent over a suitcase full of fabric with him when he went for training last April. It has all the fabric for a quilt I'm super excited about, and more fabric and some patterns. It is just sitting there waiting for me - I even cut out all the pieces for the blocks, and have them in ziplock bags - I CAN'T WAIT!  I decided I will make quilt tops while we are there, but I won't quilt any of them, it would take up too much suitcase room when we come home.

Just so you can see what I'm going to do, I'm making this quilt that I have fallen in love with! I saw this on Pinterest and knew it was the quilt I had been looking for all of my life. Tracking down the pattern took a lot of time, and then the pattern cost more than I have ever paid for a pattern in my life - I haven't even paid that much for a book full of patterns! But, I'm gonna have this quilt someday!

My next blog post will be from Jerusalem - Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. Find patchwork kantha bedspreads from from here. Buy the amazing collection that embraces different shades. Patchwork kantha includes embroidered patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...